EWA use a consultative approach to improve Findel Education’s analytical capabilities and marketing ROI
Findel Education is the UK’s largest supplier of educational resources and operates through numerous mail order brands which have geographical or specialist offerings from a large range of catalogues.
Findel Education recognised it needed to improve levels of customer insight and to move from ‘1 size fits all’ to an insight led marketing strategy. Therefore, Findel Education required external expertise regarding how to use their existing data mining tool more effectively and identified the need for a variety of models which would improve their customer insight, and ultimately marketing ROI.
EWA recognised that any strategy would contain 2 major elements:
- Develop, test and implement models which would improve customer insight immediately.
- Train Findel Education to use the models from the outset, whilst empowering them to utilise their software more effectively in the long term.
This strategy demonstrated EWA’s ability to deliver a flexible consultative approach, ultimately improving Findel Education's internal capabilities and processes.
The strategy was well received by Findel Education. Andrew Adkins, Head of Business Intelligence & Analytics states:
“The EWA solution empowered Findel to achieve a far greater level of understanding around customer behaviour and shopping patterns, whilst simultaneously significantly developing my teams capability to work with the software and ultimately drive further analysis and insight”
The initial step of the project was to determine which models would be most appropriate to Findel Education’s requirements i.e. customer retention and development programmes.
These models were designed, developed and fully tested in house by EWA and then delivered in 2 phases, supported by comprehensive training manuals and technical documentation.
Over a 3 month period, onsite training sessions with members of Findel’s analytics and marketing teams were held. Simultaneously, the models were implemented into Findel Education’s systems to ensure that they could be used immediately. As well as training, a dedicated support representative was provided to answer any specific queries, once again demonstrating a service that would be near impossible to gain from a software provider.
The largest result of the Findel Education project was the shift of mindset internally which has permeated the way in which sales and marketing target and interact with the customer base and strategic prospects. It has also enabled Findel Education to identify the major reason behind customer lag and rectify the issue, thus improving retention.
EWA have added value by:
- Training internal analysts to use modelling and data mining tools; improving in house analytical capabilities and giving the skills to achieve value from their software.
- Giving the sales team the information and means to extract the greatest value from up-selling and cross-selling opportunities during every customer interaction.
- Improving the way Findel Education think about marketing, removing a reactive approach which relied upon budgets, in favour for a proactive marketing strategy with ROI at its core.
“EWA demonstrated the value of customer insight and increased marketing ROI. Working with them has been continuously instructive whilst their professional approach to training was welcomed by my entire team.” Andrew Adkins at Findel Education