Case Study - Merial Animal Health
Merial Animal Health is one of the world’s leading Animal Pharmaceutical manufacturers - selling to the farming and retail sectors through a complex distribution network involving retail outlets, veterinarians, wholesalers and a direct field sales force.
- Phone based outbound communications - never previously undertaken by Merial - added a new dimension to sales campaigning, reducing the burden on field sales personnel and increasing the volume and regularity of contacts with customers.
- A resounding success, where in one particular campaign a stockpile of products was sold-out way ahead of deadline, the contact centre has become the cornerstone of sales campaigning and support.
- This has allowed Merial to focus their field resources onto high value key customer accounts, whilst driving sales to intermediate accounts through the contact centre.
- This has resulted in: lower cost of sales; higher volume and rapid conversion of leads and increased customer loyalty – achieving the ultimate goal of market share consolidation.
- Underpinning this strategy is Merial’s EWA based customer service centre (CSC) that ensures DM campaigns are organised and coordinated, distributors are fully informed of campaign actions and furnished with point of sale materials increasing impact and sales opportunities.
- EWA’s telephone sales consultants and CSC team; Merial’s brand specialists; and field sales force; work in concert to coordinate the chain of promotional activities - from lead generation through to sales closure and incentive payment ensuring an efficient and seamless sales and promotion process during critical seasonal campaign periods.
- Central to all activity is control and vision – EWA’s CRM database application provides these through profiling, segmentation, contact scheduling, e-commerce and digital marketing functionality which ensure that all sales opportunities are optimised for timing; product messages and relevance.
- The application is fully integrated with the Merial’s customer management database, Merial’s website and EWA’s own stock management and fulfilment systems – providing seamless processing of complex and rapid turnaround despatches.