Query and Extract Tool
The EWA Query and Extract Tool is a web-based, campaign management application which provides clients with full desktop access to the data held within their marketing databases, hosted and managed by EWA.
The Query and Extract Tool is a standardised application developed in-house by EWA with bespoke additions depending upon individual client requirements. The tool is linked to the client’s database and facilitates ‘self-service’ data extracts; data analysis; and campaign management directly from the database without the need for you to have programming skills.
Via a secure web-interface, it allows users to set the campaign and extract parameters against pre-determined variables and download the resulting data in either Excel or CSV formats for use in online or offline campaign activity. The tool automatically adds an activity flag and campaign description field against each record extracted from the database so analysis can be undertaken to determine campaign performance; response rates and success.
Standard Query and Extract Tool Functionality
- User definable campaign description fields
- Campaign transmission date field
- Option to generate random control groups as part of the extract
- Select customers by variables including, as examples,
- Retail outlet
- Products purchased (Product ID and/or Product Types)
- Activity date range i.e. purchased product(s) X within the last 3 calendar months
- Select customers by communication opt-in fields
- Option to include/exclude any Seed data in an extract
In addition to the standard functionality included in the Query and Extract Tool, bespoke additions can be made to enhance the system. The following are examples of client specific functionality:
- Option to select customers based on data/flags appended including:
- Mosaic code
- Cluster/segment ID
- Propensity score
- Lifetime value (total value of orders placed)
- Potential Lifetime value score
- Option to select customers based on region or postcode
- Option to select customers based on ‘buy for self’ or ‘buy for other’
- Option to suppress individual customers from final extract
- Facility to upload unsubscribe and hard-bounce data in Excel or CSV format from email communications
- Option to save extract criteria for retrieval and re-use
The Query and Extract Tool provides clients with a user friendly means of accessing and utilising up to date customer and prospect data for marketing purposes. The system functionality and architecture ensures that targeted campaigns can be accurately set-up, managed and tracked, leading to greater understanding of customer behaviour. The system also allows highly targeted campaigns to be set-up and run at short notice (acting upon market influences or unforeseen circumstances) as it removes the need for bespoke extract programming.
To find out more speak to one of EWA’s data experts on 01245 492 828 or via our contact form